Saturday 2 June 2007

#3 - Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring


I had never read the books until I had heard that there was going to be movies made about them. Then I thought what the hell, they might be good. Although they can be wordy, I fell in love with them as soon as I started reading them. From the very first moment of LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring, I felt the very same way about the movies.


This is my type of movie. I like science fiction and fantasy movies so the LOTR were right up my alley and even my family got excited about them once they saw the trailers. Going to theLOTR movies became an event for us and each December for three years we went. My family, my brothers-in -law and their wives, my brother and sister; we all went together to all three. After Return of the King came out, we all had a sense of disappointment because they were finished. They were done and we wouldn't be able to enjoy this time together watching these movies.


One of the things I really like about this trilogy and especially this movie is how it goes from a happy, jolly, innocent experience to one of foreboding and evil. Ultimately this is what the Hobbits had to endure during their journey. The way Peter Jackson was able to put this movie together was amazing. Every moment in FOTR, was awesome. Even though I had read the books a number of times, I couldn't wait until the next scene, wondering what he was going to come up with next.


The performances in FOTR, was great and I especially liked Viggo Mortenson and Sean Astin. Both of these men put on great performances from the very second they were on screen and ultimately until the very last shot of ROTK. Wonderful jobs.


Also, the CGI and score were deadly as well. Like in Braveheart, the score was another character in itself. It brought so much emotion to the movie and it seemed like it allowed you to feel exactly what the characters were feeling.


I could go on and on about this movie and the trilogy as a whole. But I won't. This is still a movie my family and I love to watch and we will continue to watch it for a very long time. It is part of us as a family.


Take care and enjoy the movies!!!


0 Comments: