Wednesday 30 May 2007

#4 - Braveheart


I don't know how many times I have seen this movie. Actually, it has been a while since I threw it in the old DVD player, but the few years after it came out in theatres, I am sure I watched it once a month. Also, I probably went to see in the theatre 6 or 7 times. That's how much I loved it.
Mel Gibson created such a wonderful story. One that continually grows in power as the movie goes on. The score, which was done by James Horner is one of the most beautiful scores I have ever heard. It is a character in itself. I listen to it once and a while and just sit back, close my eyes and listen.

Although this story was historically inaccurate in many places, it is still one that enthralls the people watching. It doesn't matter what was wrong throughout, all that matters is what Gibson and Randall Wallace, the writer of the screenplay, wanted to get across to you. The love scenes between William Wallace and his forbidden love/wife were amazing. And I tell ya, Catherine McCormack, who played Wallace's wife Murron, is gorgeous. Sophie Marceau isn't too shabby either as she plays the other forbidden love, Princess Isabelle.

The supporting cast is great as well. Sean McGinley and Brendan Gleason are amazing as Wallace's closest friends and advisers. The camaraderie and playfulness that they have with each other, plus the savagery they display are what connects you to them and the movie. You see their pain as Wallace is taken and tortured. Their love for their friend and leader is so well played and drawn out. Amazing.

If you want battle scenes you are not disappointed at all in Braveheart. They are brutal, bloody and so well done. The battle scenes from 300, in my opinion, are the only battle scenes that come close to Braveheart. The training and practice that these guys must have done must have enormous and exhausting.

Braveheart is one of those movies that I look back on for myself. I see it as part of me and who I was over ten years ago when I was in university. It is something that I truly remember and cherish. I hope that if you have not seen Braveheart you will rent it. You will truly enjoy it.

That's all for now.

Take care everyone and keep enjoying the movies!!!

1 Comment:

download movies said...

I love this movie a lot.First time when I watched this movie I became fan of Mel Gibson what an excellent story he created.Love scenes in the movie are USP and war scenes too are well executed.Perfect movie