Sunday 27 May 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : At World's Ends


Pirates of the Caribbean 3 : At World's Ends is a very fitting ending to a great movie trilogy. It has everything that you can expect from a Jerry Bruckheimer movie and more. Great acting, CGI, some great Captain Jack moments and a few twists and turns, which to be honest I was not expecting.


These movies are a lot of fun to watch and movies that my family and I really enjoy. It is your typical big budget, popcorn movie, but is a worthy sequel. In fact it was a great sequel. At World's End was no disappointment. At times it seemed a bit confusing, and in the middle of the over 2 1/2 hour movie it seemed to drag, but it was still a joy to watch. They pick up where Dead Man's Chest left off and we get to see the crew, including Will, Elizabeth, Captain Barbossa and crew off to find Captain Jack Sparrow from Davey Jones' Locker. This is quite the spectacle with some great moments.


I am not going to get into any spoilers, as I am not a big spoiler fan, and I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone. I will say this though, the acting was very good with Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly reprising their roles. The supporting crew was great and really like how Bill Nighy played Davey Jones again in this episode. I thought he brings an evilness to the role but also a sense of humanity and a sense of loss and sadness to the role. He was great.


If you are looking for a big scrap like we see in the other two movies in this trilogy, you will not be disappointed. The final battle between the British Armada and the pirates, is one for the ages and it looks pretty damn cool. The final big explosion of Lord Beckett's ship was awesome.


Well I am tired and I know I should probably say more but I almost can't function. Was out kicking my son's ass paint balling today, so I am a little sore and a whole lot tired.


One more thing, stick around until the credits are done rolling. There is a little bit more of the story to see.


Anyways, loved the movie, will go see it again for sure.


Take care everyone and enjoy the movies!!!

0 Comments: