Sunday 27 May 2007

#6 - Star Wars - Episode 5 - The Empire Strikes Back


The Empire Strikes Back was actually the one of the original Star Wars movies that I thought was the bottom of the three for me. It took a while, after more and more viewings, but I think it is a very close second to A New Hope. This episode has everything in it. Great special effects, a great story and it does not have a typical happy ending, which leads into the final chapter of the Star Wars series. Its dark and not a happy movie overall.


It actually wasn't until my youngest son started getting into the Star Wars movies at age 2, without Daddies encouragement to be honest with you, that I really sat down and watched this movie. This is his favourite of the three and let me tell you, we watched it over and over and over again. As I watched it, I really began to love it. As my son stood in front of the T.V. with his lightsaber and Darth Vader helmet and recited the lines, "I am your father", it really started to bring me more and more into loving the movie. I think through this and the love my son has for The Empire Strikes Back, it really allowed it to be a special part of my love for Star Wars. And as any members of my family or my friends will tell you, I love Star Wars.

I could get into a whole, long entry on my feelings for Star Wars, but I think I will wait for some other time to do this. I can't tell you in a few short lines what the Star Wars Universe has meant to my life. I just couldn't do it justice. I may be 33 years old, but I can tell you this, besides the love for my family, Star Wars is a true love of mine and a huge part of who I am today. I know, big fucking GEEK. But I don't care. Its who I am.

Anyways, I love this movie and could have been higher on my list, but there are some other great ones that I love to watch.

As I was told that my list up to this point was full of gayness, the remainder of my list, including this one, is definitely not gay. Well maybe one of them, but the rest of them are full of manliness!!!!

Take care everyone and May the Force be with You!!!

(That's just fucking brutal!!)

0 Comments: