Wednesday 23 May 2007

# 7 - Notting Hill


For some reason I like Hugh Grant. I really like him. He has the self-deprecating performances down pat. He uses it to his best abilities in Notting Hill. This is one of those chick flick movies that I can sit with my wife, snuggle up on the couch and enjoy the movie. It is one of those feel good movies. I really enjoy it.


I think the score in this movie is what I really enjoy. The creators of this film chose the right songs for the right places throughout the movie. It just seemed to accentuate the emotions being displayed in every part of it. From sad, to happy, to silliness, to love. Every song tells a story in itself.


Julia Roberts and Grant, although very different, and you wouldn't think they would fit or have great chemistry are perfect for each other. They gelled so well as lovers. They really did a wonderful job all around.


The supporting cast was excellent as well. The scene stealer was Rhys Ifans, the flat mate named Spike of Grant's character Will Thacker. This guy was hilarious and I will never forget the line when Will tells everyone that he told Roberts' character, Anna Scott, to go away. "You daft prick" will always be a line I will remember.


Anyways, if you get a chance guys to watch this with your significant others, watch it. You will enjoy it and maybe even get lucky after it. Just kidding ladies.


Well take care all, this was my #7 choice for my top ten list. Take care and come back tomorrow for my #6 favourite movie!!!

0 Comments: