Monday 21 May 2007

#9 - Seven


This is one of those Holy Fuck movies. Seven is an intelligent, thought provoking, graphic movie that knocked the shit out of me when I first saw it and still does every time I see it. Starring Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, Gwyneth Paltrow and Kevin Spacey, Seven is a movie that will keep you thinking and talking for quite a while after you have finished watching it.


My friend Matt was the one who told me about this movie. I hadn't really paid any attention to it before he mentioned it to me. I am glad he did. This movie from start to finish bowled me over. The concept, a serial killer using the seven deadly sins of greed, sloth, gluttony, lust, wrath, envy and pride, was played out so well. Kevin Spacey, even though we don't really see him until close to the end of the movie does an awesome job as John Doe, the whacked out, but unbelievably intelligent killer, who in the end has the last laugh. Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman, especially Freeman, do a wonderful job of playing young cop, old cop trying to solve the case.


Seven, as hard as it is to watch at times, keeps you wanting to watch...wanting to see what the killer does next. It is a riveting and well directed movie that anyone who has seen will want to see it even though they know how the movie ends. And ends it does. This is not you typical ending. Its one that will make you say to your self..."HOLY FUCK!!". That's why I love this movie and why it is #9 on my Top Ten list.


Come back tomorrow and see which movie will make #8 on my list.


Take care everyone and enjoy the movies!!!

0 Comments: