Sunday 20 May 2007

#10 - Uncle Buck


Uncle Buck - hhmmmm. I am sure that's what a lot of you are saying. Why the hell is this movie in anyone's top ten movies? I don't know why I love this movie. When ever I see that it is on TV, I watch it. If I am bored, I will throw it in and have a good ol' fun afternoon with Buck. It struck a cord with me when it first came out and ever since I just love sitting down and watching this classic John Hughes movie.


John Candy is great in this movie. He had such a comedic presence in every movie he did, even the ones that sucked. He was a great comedic actor that passed away well before his time.

his turn as Uncle Buck was awesome. He played the annoying, slobbish uncle/brother/brother in law/boyfriend like only he could. He was a pain in the ass to everyone, but he also put family first before anything.


We also get to see Macaulay Calkin in one of his first roles, before he became a dope smoking weirdo. Gaby Hoffman plays the little sister and was cute as ever, but it was the older sister Tia, played by Jean Louisa Kelly that really turned my crank. I always found her so hot, especially when she was snarling at Uncle Buck. Damn hot. Even hotter today.


Anyway, I love this movie and I insist that if you haven't seen it yet, see it. It is well worth your time.


Well check back tomorrow and since which movie came in as my #9 most favourite movie.


Take care everyone and enjoy the movies!!!

1 Comment:

Neetu said...

One of the funniest movie I have ever seen. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. This is the movie that I would not suggest rather request everyone to must watch it.
flick chicks