Thursday 7 August 2008

The Guru's Movie Review Carnival #20 - August 6 2008 Edition

Welcome to the August 6, 2008 edition of the guru's movie review carnival. (Sorry it is a day late...)




Reviews




Allen in Fort Worth presents Gonzo: The Life And Work Of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson posted at The Whited Sepulchre, saying, "here's a review of the new documentary on the life and work of Gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson"






GrrlScientist presents Sizzle: A Global Warming Comedy posted at Living the Scientific Life, saying, "a film about global warming by Randy Olson, this film fails miserably to blend humor and science into an entertaining and educational experience"






NAOMI presents MAMMA MIA THE MOVIE - A RUNAWAY SUCCESS posted at Diary From England.






Liz Nast presents Mamma Mia - Does It Show Again? My My. posted at Kwanzoo, saying, "A review of the movie adaptation."






Yancey Grantham presents A Patch of Blue - 1965 Movie and Book by Elizabeth Kata posted at Top Blue Blog.






DJ presents In Bruges, I didn't know it was in Belgium posted at The Eighth Art.






William "Sandy" Smillie presents Movie Review - The Dark Knight posted at William "Sandy" Smillie - Chicago Actor, saying, "Is it a conflict of interest to review a movie I'm in? You bet it is. Is this a review? I suppose you could call it that. Though it's really more of a professing of adoration."






Matt OConnor presents Bad Films I love, Part One: Waterworld (1995) posted at Cult Movie News.







Thursday Bram presents Spot the Senator: The Dark Knight posted at One Vote Matters.




Ramblings



My Top Ten presents My Top Ten Joker Quotes posted at My Top Ten, saying, "In honor of the upcoming release of the Dark Knight here is a list of my favorite Joker Quotes from the Dark Knight. Batman Begins remains one of my favorite films since the OG Batman back in the day. It will be exciting to see how Heath Ledger will compare to Jack Nicholson in the upcoming days. I missed the press screening for this film. I had a family emergency so please don’t send me hate mail and know that the tickets went to a good cause. I decided to toss a little teaser in before my list of quotes."






That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of the guru's movie review carnival using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

The Flick Guru




Technorati tags:

, .



0 Comments: