Sunday 24 February 2008

80th Academy Awards - February 24 Results

Oscar Predictions - Well I did not too bad with my predictions. Here is a rundown of the winners from the main categories (at least in my mind) from tonight's show...

Best Picture

There Will Be Blood - My Choice
No Country For Old Men - Winner
Michael Clayton
Juno
Atonement




Best Actor

Daniel Day-Lewis - There Will Be Blood My Choice and Winner
Johnny Depp - Sweeney Todd
George Clooney - Michael Clayton
Tommy Lee Jones - In the Valley of Elah
Viggo Mortenson - Eastern Promises



Best Actress


Ellen Page - Juno - just because I was an extra in a movie she worked on (I Downloaded A Ghost) - My Choice
Julie Christie - Away From Her
Cate Blanchett - Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Marion Cotillard - La Vie en Rose - Winner
Laura Linney - The Savages


Best Supporting Actor


Javier Bardem - No Country for Old Me - My Choice and Winner
Casey Affeck - The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Charlie Wilson's War
Hal Holbrook - Into the Wild
Tom Wilkinson - Michael Clayton



Best Supporting Actress

Cate Blanchett - I'm Not There - My Choice
Ruby Dee - American Gangster
Saoirse Ronan - Atonement
Amy Ryan - Gone Baby Gone
Tilda Swinton - Michael Clayton - Winner



Best Director

Ethan Coen and Joel Coen - No Country for Old Men - My Choice and Winner
Paul Thomas Anderson - There Will Be Blood
Tony Gilroy - Michael Clayton
Jason Reitman - Juno
Julian Schnabel - The Diving Bell and the Butterfly


Best Animated Feature


Ratatouille - My Choice and Winner
Persepolis
Surf's Up




Best Original Screenplay

Diablo Cody - Juno - My Choice and Winner
Brad Bird; story by Brad Bird, Jim Capobianco, and Jan Pinkava - Ratatouille
Tony Gilroy - Michael Clayton
Tamara Jenkins - The Savages
Nancy Oliver - Lars and the Real Girl


Best Adapted Screenplay

Ethan Coen and Joel Cohen - No Country for Old Men - My Choice and Winner
Paul Thomas Anderson - There Will Be Blood
Christopher Hampton - Atonement
Ronald Harwood - The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Sarah Polley - Away From Her




Click Here for a full list of winners for the 80th Academy Awards!!

6 out of 9..thats pretty good. Click here to see my original predictions. Overall I thought it was a pretty good show. Jon Stewart does a hell of a job as host. I really like his humor, very dry, very honest. What did you guys think of this year's show?

The Flick Guru

0 Comments: