Saturday 23 February 2008

My Oscar Predictions - February 24

Oscar Predictions - I didn't have an opportunity to see a lot of the nominated movies and such. I am going to make some predicitons regardless. I am not going to do all of the categories though, just the ones I feel are the most interesting. Here are my predictions...



Best Picture

There Will Be Blood
No Country For Old Men
Michael Clayton
Juno
Atonement




Best Actor

Daniel Day-Lewis - There Will Be Blood
Johnny Depp - Sweeney Todd
George Clooney - Michael Clayton
Tommy Lee Jones - In the Valley of Elah
Viggo Mortenson - Eastern Promises



Best Actress


Ellen Page - Juno - just because I was an extra in a movie she worked on (I Downloaded A Ghost)
Julie Christie - Away From Her
Cate Blanchett - Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Marion Cotillard - La Vie en Rose
Laura Linney - The Savages


Best Supporting Actor


Javier Bardem - No Country for Old Men
Casey Affeck - The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Charlie Wilson's War
Hal Holbrook - Into the Wild
Tom Wilkinson - Michael Clayton



Best Supporting Actress

Cate Blanchett - I'm Not There
Ruby Dee - American Gangster
Saoirse Ronan - Atonement
Amy Ryan - Gone Baby Gone
Tilda Swinton - Michael Clayton



Best Director

Ethan Coen and Joel Coen - No Country for Old Men
Paul Thomas Anderson - There Will Be Blood
Tony Gilroy - Michael Clayton
Jason Reitman - Juno
Julian Schnabel - The Diving Bell and the Butterfly


Best Animated Feature


Ratatouille
Persepolis
Surf's Up




Best Original Screenplay

Diablo Cody - Juno
Brad Bird; story by Brad Bird, Jim Capobianco, and Jan Pinkava - Ratatouille
Tony Gilroy - Michael Clayton
Tamara Jenkins - The Savages
Nancy Oliver - Lars and the Real Girl


Best Adapted Screenplay

Ethan Coen and Joel Cohen - No Country for Old Men
Paul Thomas Anderson - There Will Be Blood
Christopher Hampton - Atonement
Ronald Harwood - The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Sarah Polley - Away From Her


Lets hear what you have to say about my predicitons and I would love to hear your predictions!!!


The Flick Guru

0 Comments: