Wednesday 21 March 2007

300

Holy Shit!! Loved this movie. I was really looking forward to seeing 300. Everything about the trailers just turned me on hard. I was not disappointed at all. It actually exceeded my expectations. Some people may say that this movie is just a video game on a movie screen with blood and guts. Well to maybe in some ways this is true. But it is also an adventure. An adventure of loyalty, faith and commitment. This is what King Leonidas, played by Gerard Butler, lives on. If this movie doesn't make Butler a start I don't know what will. He does an excellent job of playing a character that is an honourable and loving man, but also one that can kick the living shit out of you if you fuck with him.

The general plot is based on the Frank Miller graphic novel on the story of the Battle of Thermopylae which happened in 480 BC. The Spartans, led by King Leonidas, fight and hold off the massive Persian army, which led to all of Greece joining as one and eventually defeating the Persians. I tell this was one hell of a story brought to the big screen.


There is lots to this movie that I loved that I could talk about. The imagery, the colours, the costuming, awesome. Even the score was awesome. It sent chills down my spine at times.


I tell ya, if you get a chance to see this movie, go to it. Make sure you see it in a theatre because it definitely one that you need to see there.

Anyway, that's all I have to say right now.

Take care and enjoy the movies!!!

0 Comments: