Wednesday 21 May 2008

American Idol: Season Finale - May 21 Results

American Idol: Season Finale Results - I am sorry, I don't have a lot of details on tonight's episode. My son had a soccer game and, well, more important. So we rushed home after the game so that we could see the end of one of the best seasons of American Idol. We got home just in time...

As we turned on the TV, they were just getting back from commercial break and Ryan called out the guy from company that collects the votes. He has the envelope...

Ryan takes it and asks the judges for one final comment...Randy says they were awesome...Paula says something about neither one losing..not really sure..and Simon apologizes to Cook for some of his comments from last night..

Ryan opens the envelope...the winner by 12 million votes is......DAVID COOK!!!!!!

It takes him a bit for him to let it sink in...he claps for Archuleta and then starts to cry!!! Very gracious. Ryan then asked him to sing his new song, I think it is called "Time of My Life". Good song.
Well in my opinion, this is a good and bad thing. I am very heppy Cook won, but will the AI people let him do his thing or will they try to make him a pop star. I hope they let him do his thing. He could be as big as Daughtry if he plays his cards right.

Archuleta should do well too. I am sure he already has a record deal and will sell lots of records.

Awesome season...I hope Canadian Idol (since I am Canadian) will be half as good as this past season of American Idol.

Take Care!!

The Flick Guru

0 Comments: