Saturday 29 September 2007

The Guru's Movie Review Carnival #2

Welcome to the Guru's Movie Review Carnival #2 on this ugly, cold day here in good old North Battleford Saskatchewan. Some really good reviews this time around. I really like what I am seeing, not that I am a pro or anything but these bloggers have some great thoughts on these movies. Here we go...


Reviews


John Lampard presents his take on Amazing Grace posted at disassociated.com. Never seen this movie, but maybe will check it out if I ever get the opportunity.

Tim King presents Tim King's "Top 10" Review of I'm Reed Fish posted at Gilmore-ism.com, saying, "From a Gilmore Girls addict, the best things about Alexis Bledel's newest film "I'm Reed Fish" (also starring Jay Baruchel and Schuyler Fisk), in 10 different categories." This is a cool concept and maybe one I will "borrow".

Have never seen this one either but Glenn has some interesting ideas on the movie Bandwagon posted at Oliver 40274, saying, "This is a great film about the transition from garage band to the big time - and how the band members each deal with the pressures of the business."

Ahh..one of my favorite movies gets the full treatment by Danogo in Batman, Daredevil Graphic Novelist Brings Ancient Greek Comic to Film posted at Danogo.com - Discover. Inspiring . Media, saying, "Review and background on Frank Miller's movie "300""

Samir Bharadwaj presents Stardust and the Return of the Fairytale posted at SamirBharadwaj.com. Stardust is a movie I wanted to take wife to, but never got around to it. Maybe I will read the book instead.

Never a fan of zombie movies but blue skelton has some a few thoughts on Resident Evil Extinction posted at Blue Skelton Publications.

Finally vaprak shares his experiences with Movie Review: The Brothers Solomon (2007) posted at The Critical Critics. I agree, very few SNL succeed, but if this one kind of works it may be worth seeing!

Well that's it for this edition of the Guru's Movie Review Carnival #2. If you want to submit your article for the #3, go ahead and do it here...


carnival submission form.


Past posts and future hosts can be found on our

blog carnival index page
.

Enjoy the movies!!!

The Flick Guru


Technorati tags:

, .

2 Comments:

Glenn said...

Thanks for these movie review carnivals. I get alot of enjoyment from reading movie reviews online and these are giving me some new places to visit - and some new inspiration.

I'll sign up for #3.

Glenn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inclusion, Lionel.
As for reading the Stardust book vs seeing the movie, while I haven't read the book, I hear it is quite different from the movie. The basic plot is the same but it varies significantly in the details.

So perhaps this is one of those "do both" situations.

Keep up the great work with this carnival.