Saturday 10 March 2007

Borat



Just finished watching Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. This movie was one of the most funny, hilarious and stupid movies I have seen in a long time. I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard for a movie. The stuff that Sasha Baron Cohen did, whether it was planned or improvised was unbelievable. Especially the fight with his producer Azamat played wonderfully by Ken Davitian. Not sure if I would wrestle with a 300lb man ever, let alone wrestle him naked. It was a hilarious scene and I now understand what Baron meant in his acceptance speech for the Best Actor Award from the Golden Globes, which I laughed my ass off listening too even though I had no clue what he was talking about.

It was really hard to distinguish between what was real and what was scripted and really it didn't matter. This movie through all of its indecency really was able to show the state of America through his actions. The politic and social implications of this movie and how they explain American culture was I am sure felt by everyone who watched it.

Watch this movie if you really want to laugh your ass off. I howled through most of and I am sure you will too.

I am glad I didn't watch this movie before I went to bed because I am sure I would have nightmares of a fat naked ass on my face. Not a good dream or something I would want to see again. The funny thing is if I have to see Azamat's fat ass to watch this movie I will, because Borat is definitely a movie I will watch again.

Take care everyone and enjoy the movies!!!!

1 Comment:

online television said...

I was scared to read such a lengthy title. But when I further read the post I was excited that its the movie that I was actually looking for. I am very excited to watch this one.